Author Topic: Looking for a Guild?  (Read 8163 times)

Offline Thac0

• Fearless Leader of Our Family
  • Administrator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
  • Tip Jar: +59/-40
  • Everything is better with Bacon!
    • Thac0's Blog
Looking for a Guild?
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »
Our History

The Blackmoor Defenders was formed not long after the game went live in 2006. Then officially in 2009 by Thac0 and a few other Beta players and friends met along the way. Once "Guilds" became the 'in thing' and when Guild Ships hit the game, we stepped aside and watched the number of Guilds grow over night. We have seen Guilds come and go, farming Guild Renown only to end up stuck at a level, or dealing with drama with their members and implode. Our Guild, rather Family, doesn't work that way. We enjoy our Guild rewards as we get them, but don't base our activities or membership around such things. We are here...and not going anywhere, and that is how it has been since 2006.

About Us Today

Our roster currently has nearly 70 'human' accounts registered our on Guild website. The one caveat we have to joining our family after we have had time to do some questing with a potential new member is for them to create a user account on our website. We do this for a couple reasons, one is to make sure you see how we play... and so we can see how you play. This has worked well for us and the way we introduce both sides to each other.

Of those 'human' accounts, we are scattered across the West Coast to East Coast, Canada and Australia too. Our members, both male and female, are a mature crowd, 21+ and most have families (some who play too)... so we understand the quick AFK in the middle of a quest do take care of 'life' stuff.

On week nights we usually have around up 10 people on at any time and on the weekends it can be as many as 20+. When I last counted, we had over 30+ active players. Some of us are on every night and some on a couple nights a week, as well as some who play then go afk for 'life' reasons... to return again welcomed and missed.

We believe in helping others and most of all having as much fun as possible whilst we play. We raid quite a bit, with a few scheduled raid nights during the week, and always at least 1 Shroud run or other raid on weekends. Folks are running Epics and now, there are several people doing the Forgotten Realms quest.

With that said, we have a lot of TRs running their characters back up, new low level characters and basically multiple alts to play when needed. Some of us are hard core gamers, while others are fresh off the boat from Kothos (*smile*) and are still figuring out how things work...and all levels of experience to DDO in between. We have some who prefer to run solo or with their kids or real life friends. While we encourage Guild groups, if you rather not, you at least know we are there in Guild Chat for you.

Our Guild website is full of information, from guides to character builds, to Update/Patch information and quest/raid information, and as well as the live web chat where most of us hang out when not playing DDO. The website can be just a resource to refer to, or you can take full advantage of its personal Blogs, DDO Twitter News Feed, Personal Twitter feed, and the user profile you set up there (once accepted into the family). I personally think we have one of the best Guild websites and player base out there. (*smile*)

Recruiting

We are open for general recruitment at all times for new players, returning players, veterans, F2P, Premium or VIP... we have it all. We welcome polite friendly members of all experience levels, although we have many elite players, we are not an "elitist guild". As for timezones; US, Canada and Australia...even our friends on the other side of the Pond are welcome.

Although I have not advertised it until now, we have grown over the years from word of mouth and friends bringing friends over. We have a core group of players that are here to enjoy the game and help others. We play, we laugh, we die, we complete quests/raids/epics/challenges, and at the end of the day... we have fun.

Drama is not tolerated... life is too short and we are all here to relax and have some fun. So respect to one another is one of our core values. If you are having a bad day, don't take it out on guild mates in game. Venting is fine because we all need to do that :) , but disrespect towards members isn't tolerated.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in test driving, send us a /tell in game to get the ball rolling.

Below is our recent updated post to the Guild List on Ghallanda.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Thac0[/COLOR]
Guild Leader of the Blackmoor Defenders
http://www.takzu.com/

Blackmoor Defenders
DDO Guild Site for reference = http://my.ddo.com/guild-ghallanda-blackmoor_defenders/

Guild Leader: Thaco
Guild Contact: Thaco, Oicu, Omnihilist, Refutor, Moulinet, Llewndyn, Yknab
Guild Website: http://www.takzu.com/
Guild Currently Recruiting:Yes
Active Guild Size: 30+
Guild Type: No drama, we are here to have fun and help each other.
Guild Peak Time Zones: We have players on in the East Coast to West Coast and down under in Australia too.
Raids per Week: Saturday Raid night! As well as week day nite runs on various days. Plenty of RAID and some Epic opportunities and a variety of alts to accommodate most flagging needs. Several folks are now spending time in the Forgotten Realms too.
Raid Loot System: Your loot, your rules. With that said, typically anyone who needs something is helped to get what they need.

Description: We are a mature guild. Most guilds say that, but we have members from about 20+ yrs old to, well, who have kids in College. We understand when life happens and you either have to go AFK in the middle of a quest or AFK from the game due to 'life' happening. We are a laid back group of players who have fun with all aspects of DDO. Contact any Blackmoor Defender Officer to get the ball rolling.

Requirement:
We do ask our family members to create a forum account on our Guild Site. It is a very active forum where most of us idle outside of DDO. Guides, Advice, Character Builds, Quest/Raid info, and other goodies are there to help our family members. From Personal Blogs to our Twitter Feed for DDO News, something for everyone. This also allows me to keep track of active members as well as allow you to receive occasional emails from the Guild Site.

Contact us in game.

Once we have had some time to quest together, you can let us know which character name you would like to use for our forums so that I can look for it and approve the request.

Otherwise, all unknown forum requests are automatically rejected. This saves us from the SPAM on forums.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:01:41 PM by Thac0 »
Ghallanda
Active
RAID Flagging Status
* Thaco (TR1-22) Xome (TR1-20) Sparks (TR1-20) Osmosis (20) Biogenic (21)
Current BuildCurrent BuildCurrent BuildCurrent BuildCurrent Build
Other Characters
Complete Build List
Takzu (7)
 (Mule)
Bisulfite (7)
 (Ready to delete)
Flumph (9/3)
 Gimp Your Guild Leader Build
Mohito (10)
 (Ready to delete)
Kilowatts (5)
 (Mule)
The Trio: The 3 Free to Play Accounts for 3 characters. Multiboxing each on 1 PC. See My Super-fantastic Blackmoor Defender Blog for how.
Ustef (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Uyir (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Vitamix (16)
 (Loot Hound)

Offline Thac0

• Administrator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
    • Thac0's Blog
Re: Looking for a Guild?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
It took me a minute to find this... but I wanted to share this with those considering us as their new home.

I am leaving the source link here as it is better you read it from the source over at DDO Forums.

Many great memories over the years... this was one shortly after he joined our family.

Llewndyn
Community Member
Default Great Guild, or GREATEST guild? I'm the Judge
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=319146&highlight=blackmoor+defenders

Enjoy the story.

T.

[copy below for our site could have sworn it was here once before...]

Quote from: Llewndyn;3804201
Best Guild on the Server, Nay, on ANY server

I wanna share a story. A story with love, intrigue, resourcefulness, blind faith, and the determination to see something through.A story of one's trials and tribulations, of a long, arduous road with nary a sight of the promised land, a journey fraught with danger, usually death, but this time ending in sweet victory.

A story, my friends, about the Shroud.

The Shroud, a raid near and dear to our hearts, a cruel mistress that you must visit again and again in order to attain the nirvana that is greensteel, a tight lipped, unwavering bastion of happiness that is both a digital Mecca to new players and the darkest depths of Mordor, the very face of the term "grind" to hardened veterans. To those who can 1 or 2 or even 6 or 7 man this quest, this may come as a shock.

My son loves DDO. LOVES it. He has gotten in trouble for logging into it at 3 in the morning on school days, he has very strictly imposed time limits on how long he can play that he constantly protests and attempts to circumvent ( we have to do that or he would not know what the sun was), when he gets into trouble that is the most severe punishment he gets, and to him the most inhumane.

My son is also a terrible player. This is a constant source of entertainment to everyone that sees him play, including himself. I have tried to help him, he likes his build and used the lesser heart I gave him TP for something else, because he hasn't changed. He enjoys that he annoys people with his antics and unorthodox build. He is running a halfling wizard that usually wears full plate armor, wields either a bastard sword and a mace or a quarterstaff, usually no other armor whatsoever, and has 140 HP fully buffed. He is not rude, I am usually nearby when he is on there and dont allow that, but he is well known on Ghallanda and in my guild for his LFGs and disdain for other people's perfect runs. My favorite is a couple guildies joined a group he was in, he greased them into a lava pit, they were like "***?!" and he said something like "cry, cry, cry" and then jumped in with them, effectively causing a wipe. This was before they knew he was my demon spawn.

Anyway, enough back story, the Shroud. My son has been trying to get through the Shroud for about 2 months now. He has never made it past part 2. I have sat there many a night while he gets blamed, over and over, for ruining the entire raid, and he is not lying, apparently ONE little gimped wizard is enough to completely fail the entire raid. I have also seen him on numerous times ask for help finding the crystal or asking what to do only to be insulted or outright ignored, and then when no one is on crystal or banging portals down fast enough or what have you, blame it on him and then ragequit. This is not one or two times. This has been going on for 2 months. Now before I go on and place the blame on everyone else, he is gimped. 100% so. He loves his toon. He is always courteous and listens when told to do something. That being said, in a mission where a caster is critical, he is not the caster you are looking for.

Anyway, he puts up an LFg looking for Shroudies, and says in said LFG he is new, even though I am willing to bet he has done more shrouds than me at this point. One of my guildies, who I don't think knows he is my kid, says something like "Uh oh, <mykid> has a group up :P" to which I reply glumly the aforementioned paragraphs. And this, my friends and raptured listeners, is where this story turns inspirational.

All of the upper level guys not on timer in my guild drop what they are doing and join his group that had no one in it because of his reputation. I am out of town on business, but his mom said he was grinning from ear to ear when he saw all of us coming. Long story short (too late) we completed his first Shroud ever for him. Did he die? NUMEROUS times. Did we still finish with him standing alive and well after part 5? Yep. My wife told me he had been acting glum because I was out of town and usually we nerd it up on DDO or Nazi Zombies (what can I say, I'm a great father figure) and he had no one to talk to really because his brothers dont care for DDO, and she said he was talking excitedly the rest of the night about how cool Aerritrikos was and how awesome that mission was and how he couldn't wait to to tell me about it and how cool my guild was because no one called him stupid or a noob or insulted his family heritage because he dared to die. To me, that is the sign of a great guild, nay, the greatest guild: one that not only still has me as a member even after I show that I am in no way a competent player, but one that is willing to be patient, willing to help someone out at the drop of a hat. Sure we don't have the reknown a lot of bigger guilds have, and probably due to my playstyle maybe not the best reputation when it comes to zerging or completing without idiot deaths (though I will point out I am the only one that does that, STILL cannot do relic of a sovereing past without falling into that lava pit just around the first bend), but in my mind they are still the classiest guild on this server, and I have been in a few different guilds so I can make blanket statements like that.

Blackmoor Defenders, I salute you.

Ghallanda
Active
RAID Flagging Status
Other Characters
Complete Build List
Takzu (7)
 (Mule)
Bisulfite (7)
 (Ready to delete)
Flumph (9/3)
Mohito (10)
 (Ready to delete)
Kilowatts (5)
 (Mule)
The Trio: The 3 Free to Play Accounts for 3 characters. Multiboxing each on 1 PC. See My Super-fantastic Blackmoor Defender Blog for how.
Ustef (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Uyir (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Vitamix (16)
 (Loot Hound)

Offline Yknab

• ~The Lucky Blackmoor Buddha ~
  • Guild PR and Recruiting
  • Veteran Member
  • Tip Jar: +30/-17
  • I love to explore & take on any challenge ^ ^
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:09:21 AM »
Aw I just read this story and to think I've registered in this guild since March 2011 now I'm uber lucky to be part of this family. I love this part of the forum thread from the link above:
"My favorite story about him is we went into the orchard tap farming. The Caravan was up, I was on Llew as my cleric, had 252 hp unbuffed with heavy fort PG weaps holy burst etc etc... he is on his wizzy who at that point did not have 100 HP... we go in, he lays down a fw and starts hopping around like mad. I am like "That little scamp" and set up some BBs and glitterdust and watch, in horror, as he not only kills more than me, but as I get held and then killed while he hops around like a cockroach on steroids. I learned a lesson that day."  ~ It's just an epic moment =)) " cockroach on steroids;D
Alt: Yppah, Yretsim

Offline Thac0

• Administrator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
    • Thac0's Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
bump for the folks looking at us. :)
Ghallanda
Active
RAID Flagging Status
Other Characters
Complete Build List
Takzu (7)
 (Mule)
Bisulfite (7)
 (Ready to delete)
Flumph (9/3)
Mohito (10)
 (Ready to delete)
Kilowatts (5)
 (Mule)
Ustef (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Uyir (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Vitamix (16)
 (Loot Hound)

Offline Thac0

• Administrator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
    • Thac0's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 02:55:03 PM »
Yes...we are looking for new faces to add to our family. Just send a tell to us in game.
Ghallanda
Active
RAID Flagging Status
Other Characters
Complete Build List
Takzu (7)
 (Mule)
Bisulfite (7)
 (Ready to delete)
Flumph (9/3)
Mohito (10)
 (Ready to delete)
Kilowatts (5)
 (Mule)
Ustef (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Uyir (16)
 (Loot Hound)
Vitamix (16)
 (Loot Hound)

Offline Omnihilist

• Guild Crafter & Template Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
  • Tip Jar: +114/-2
  • Ding!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
A quick note for those looking at us, feel free to look for my alts in game as well (listed in signature).

I will happily reply, but please note it may be delayed if I'm trying to kill Velah while carrying 11 soul stones. It that is the case though, I'll probably be available pretty quickly after I rez out.   :o

Offline Llewndyn

• Mr. Top 10
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
  • Tip Jar: +25/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:24:17 AM »
A quick note for those looking at us, feel free to look for my alts in game as well (listed in signature).

I will happily reply, but please note it may be delayed if I'm trying to kill Velah while carrying 11 soul stones. It that is the case though, I'll probably be available pretty quickly after I rez out.   :o

Hey that only happens when I'm in your groups!

I am on every night from 8 - 11PM CST on my main, Llewndyn. /Tells sent in prose that rhymes will be answered in kind; For whither thoust dither begets a trip down the river. I made that up.
===================
Llewndyn
Ninjamon
Achillia
Bludninja
Araknia
Alcinda
Mugglemage
Golgorath
Roboskhank
Mannoobs
Lutenist
Robotmann
===================
Son's Chars:
Mattmike
Mommytough
Descoso
Altrea
Qade
Muttenbald

Offline Oicu

• ~ Firewalls-R-Us ~
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend of Blackmoor
  • Tip Jar: +31/-10
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 07:49:41 AM »
heh.. raids on Sunday night nowadays.. and lots of epics going on all the time
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:53:11 AM by Oicu »
Allessander Ballher'gin -FvS - 25                                                      
Anmagliahk - R - 20                                                         
Annaindi Andthelost - W - 7  (Gnome)                                                 
Attilas Worldbreaker - HO  F - 20                                           
Bastillone - Bb - 20                                                         
Belthorne Portmaster - F - 15                                                           
Caelleavalor Leareathenor - Ro - 19                                         
Cargohold - F - 7 (mule)                                                                 
Cearlene Verona - D - 11                                                     
Connaugh Allesaire - HE 28 (F7 /R6 /M7)8E (Seker-Cle)                       
Derrant - F - 18                                                                           
Fealte - W -20 (Necromancer)                                                 
Fletchir Allesaire - R - 10                                                           
Gunship - S - 8 (Mule)                                                       
Halloh - R - 30 (Arcane Archer)                                                       
Hsafoh Tedd - W -15 (Mule)                                                   
Kassand Redferne - Wl - 17                                                   
Kreuller Cranston - F - 11                                                            
Lacli Allessaire - R - 12                                                   
MacXenzie Allesaire- Bd - HE 20 (Pal)                                               
Maergot Robbie - W - 15 (Gnome)                                             
Manifestus Destiny - F - 7                                                            
Mattiee Monster -A - 20                                                     
Moonlita Allessaire - Ro - 15                                                          
Muwtinte - F13/P2                                                           
NNTH - R18/1Ro/1M (Exploiter)                                                          
Nydwell - P -15                                                             
OICU 812 - C - 24 (3W 3S 1C 1Wr Hpls, 9 Epls, 1M Ipls)                       
Raatbin Allisandryll - R - 15 (Mule)                                         
Rachelicious Learenthernor - F2/R6/M7 (Seeker)                                       
Sakeen Fi'Anouri - Ro15/5M (Ro pl)                                                   
Serarose Allisaire - C - 20                                                 
Shipshold - P - 15 (mule)                                                   
Sialldi Alllessaire - P - 4 (Mule)                                                       
Slexra - F -7                                                               
Steerage Holdmaster - P - 15 (Mule)                                         
Sylverin Golde - Warlock 20, Epic 10 (Ultimate Completionist 46H/36E/15I pls)
Viaolet Allesaire - Ro - 7                                                               
Victoreap Aris - Bd - 8                                                     
Xaic Cranston - F- 30 (2F Hpls, 6 Epls)                                             
Yternelese Allesaire - C - 28                                               
Zeltronia Allessaire - M - 3  (PD?)

Offline MLRS

• Guild Only
  • Slayer Member
  • Tip Jar: +30/-0
  • So many PC's, so little security....
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 12:17:16 AM »
Take it from someone who stumbled unto Blackmoor Defenders back when I thought Korthos was the only thing available in DDO (yup, I was that tool with 4th-6th lv toons on korthos), this guild will help you, teach you, drag you kicking and screaming (or dead and in a pocket to the next shrine) to your first completion, continue to help you, show you neat ways to set up your character, and help you to grow in the game.

These guys will drop whatever they are doing to rescue a guildie, squander their personal fortunes, spare no expense, sell assets. They are ‘those’ guys and gals.

I am sooooooo lucky they like helping others. Tthey even have a soft spot clueless dweebs like me.

GO BD!!!!!!

I am on most evenings on a perma level or one of my mains.
Character Roster
Active Characters

Name
Race
Class
Level
MLRS
Elf\Drow\Human\WF x8
Sorc\Wiz\Cleric\Wizx8\E
20\20\20\20 x8\8
Verticall
Dwarf\WF\WF
Cleric\wiz\wiz\E
20\20\20\8
Mechanikal-1
WF\Dwarf\WF\WF
Sorc\Cleric\Wiz\Wiz\E
20\20\20\20\8
Perma Level

Name
Race
Class
Level
Blokhed
WF\1/2\WF
Wiz\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\11
Boblehead
WF\1/2Orc\WF
Sorc\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\13
Windbuster
WF\WF\WF
Wiz\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\15
Nulbit
Human\Elf\WF
Bard\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\16
Cognitiv
WF\WF\WF
FvS\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\18
Crafting Mule

Name
Race
Class
Level
BlastmFastm
Elf\WF\Dwarf\WF
Sorc\Wiz\Cleric\Wiz
20\20\20\25
Special Equipment Mule

Name
Race
Class
Level
EFR
Elf\WF\WF
Sorc\Wiz\Wiz
20\20\24
General Mules

Name
Race
Class
Level
Hardwear
WF\WF
Wiz\Wiz
20\20
Taknuke
WF\WF
Wiz\Wiz
20\20
Mettalstorm
WF\WF
Wiz\Wiz
20\20
Toegem
1/2Orc\WF
Barb\Wiz
20\20
CIWS-1
½\WF
Barb\Wiz
20\20
Iblast
WF\WF
Wiz\Wiz
20\20
Murple
½\WF
Rogue\Wiz
20\20
Roastem
WF\WF
Wiz\Wiz
20\20
I will happily assist any guild member with any and allhelp I can muster,  just ask.

Just understand whom and what you are asking help of. Ienjoy my own kind of playstyle. I am a trigger happy, nuke first, SP potsucking Evocative Spec WF Wiz type. I am DPS incarnate (Glass Tactical Nuke)and use this game for stress release. I like to blast stuff (my idea of fun).Ifyou are willing to help me find the way through, I will blow it up. I find it difficultto get worked up over a game with fireball spells, dragons and halfling barbarians.

Did I mention I like to Nuke stuff?